Table of Contents
WHAT’S IN THE BOX #
The Remote Access Valve Controller clamps over the existing water main valve and will automatically stop the water supply when a leak is detected, or the app instructs the valve to close.
The Power Supply is a standard DC 12V 2A power supply, and is required to power the Valve Controller
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS #
- Quarter-turn metal ball valve from 1/2” to 1” that is operable by hand
- 4.5” clearance before and after the valve (measured from the center of the valve)
- 3.5” clearance above the valve (measured from the valve handle’s nut)
- Power outlet within 10 ft of valve, or extension cord
- iOS or Android Smartphone with Internet access
- Wi-Fi with Internet access (for remote notifications and control only)
- Splash and humidity resistant; Not approved for outdoor installation
- DO NOT install on valves with 2 sizes of pipe. If you have a larger size (say 1-1/4 inch) on one side of the valve and a smaller (say 1 inch) size on the other side of the valve the torque from the Remote Access Valve Controller is unequally applied to the valve and will cause premature failure.
- Do NOT install on Elbows or Tees. If the clamps cannot be properly tightened, then the valve may suffer premature failure.
The Remote Access Valve Controller #
Installation process #
- Close your valve. The valve should open/close easily by hand without the use of tools.
- Align the fork with the valve handle. The remote access valve controller can operate with two handle sizes. select the fork that works with your handle size.
- Push the Remote Access Valve Controller down onto the valve. The forks should recede slightly into the valve controller and engage with a mechanism.
- Check that the fork is aligned with the valve handle correctly. The handle should rest in the fork and not on the smooth space between the forks.
- Check if the Remote Access Valve Controller is facing the correct direction. The Remote Access Valve Controller has an offset clamp which will allow the valve handle to nest within the offset space.
- Tighten the clamps while holding the valve controller down. DO NOT USE TOOLS! hand tighten only.
- Connect the power supply to the remote access valve controller and plug it into an outlet.
You are now ready to connect the Remote Access Valve controller to the apps.
Next Step – Connect to the BHP-RAVC