Home security is a wide term that encompasses a series of elements that work together toward the same common goal: to maintain the perimeter in and around a house as protected as possible. The advent of today’s technologies and the apparition of a wide array of advanced security tools, alarms, locks, and devices are simplifying the job of homeowners. Motion sensors and wireless outdoor sirens for example count among the most popular choices on the market. They are excellent thief deterrents as well as means of bringing more peace of mind to homeowners and renters alike.
Hydro-Rain Motion Sensor
These motion sensors can add a boost of flexibility to your outdoor landscape lighting options. It can be directly connected to the Hydro-Rain® 3-Station LED Landscape Light controller and mounted on any wall. You can even strategically hide it in a garden or on a flowerbed thanks to its stake-mount option. It features a 120° motion detection angle that can effectively sense movement up to 40 feet away.
Why Use Add-on Wireless Outdoor Sirens?
- Extremely easy to install and use;
- Provide maximum alarm sound with flash and their transmitting distance goes as far as 300 ft. in open spaces.
- Feature built-in rechargeable backup batteries that can be used in case of emergencies for up to 100 hours;
- The sound of such a siren is 120dB;
- An alarm can help scare off home intruders thanks to its powerful siren. The motion-sensing alarm sounds every time movement is detected. It can be armed with a numeric code and it features a low battery indicator.
Other Powerful Outdoor Thief Deterrents
- Install sturdy locks on the main entry doors so you can discourage potential thieves who might want to try their luck straight at the front door.
- Have a professional home locksmith come over, assess your current locksets and make the best recommendations. You might need to simply have the old locks re-keyed, lubricated, or replaced with better sets of lucks. Adding deadbolt locks to an existing set of locks is a common occurrence; get ready to invest in a commercial grade-1 deadbolt lock as they rank the highest in specific industry tests.
- Add powerful locks to the fence around your house and maintain the locks and keys in pristine shape at all times.
- Cut a sufficient number of copies for your keys or consider having master keys cut for simpler key management and less hassle.
- Secure your gate with powerful latches and locks and add surveillance cameras and monitoring systems in and around the house.
- Consider getting a barking dog and keeping it in your front or back yard as a natural deterrent against potential intruders or property criminals.