Selecting a Location #
Tip: If replacing a controller, it is helpful to take a photo of the wires before you remove them from the old controller.
When choosing a location for your Controller, consider the following:
- Choose a location near an electrical outlet.
- Locate it where there is a good Wi-Fi signal.
Tip: You can check this using a smart phone. (Find a location that has a minimum of two bars.)
- Ensure operating temperatures are not below 32° or above 158° F (below 0° or above 70° C).
- Place it away from direct sunlight.
- Make sure there is 9″ of space to the left of the sprinkler controller box, this allows the
door to swing open after installation.
- There needs to be easy access to sprinkler wires (from valves).
Important: Controller is weather-resistant to UL-50 and ETL® Listings, but should not be placed in areas where continuous water could cause damage
Mounting the Controller #
- Small Flathead Screwdriver (included in hardware package)
- Wire Strippers
- Drill with 3/16″ (4.8 mm) drill bit
Tip: Use the expanding anchors (included) for plaster, masonry or drywall installations.
- Install a No. 8 screw (included) into the wall, leaving the screw head protruding 1/8″ (3 mm) from the wall.
- Hang the controller on the installed screw using the keyhole slot located in upper back cabinet.
- Level the controller and install the second screw in one of the pre-formed mounting holes located on lower back cabinet to secure the controller.